Building Ogitor for Linux UBUNTU 11.04

Building Ogitor for Linux UBUNTU 11.04

Postby piyush » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:35 am

Hello All,

I was try to run ogitor on linux here is sets of problem I faced. 2 problems I solved may help other. and last Number 3 problem is unsolved.

1 While building it give error on DotSceneLoader.cpp line number 386 and 390.
Ogre::LogManager::getSingleton().logMessage("[DotSceneLoader] pagedGeometryPageSize value error!", Ogre::LogMessageLevel::LML_CRITICAL);

It can't find function logMessage so simply I comment it out and proceed.

2 after building while try to run and it can't find it's compiled library as path was not correct so I created a link of lib to that path then it go ahed.

3 After that it have file not found exception as below which is unsolved because in all source I can't find resource.cfg. Any idea how to solve it?

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Ogre::FileNotFoundException'
what(): OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): 'resources.cfg' file not found! in ConfigFile::load at /build/buildd/ogre-1.7.3/OgreMain/src/OgreConfigFile.cpp (line 83)

Thanks & Regards

Piyush Verma
piyush

Re: Building Ogitor for Linux UBUNTU 11.04

Postby Andrew » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:41 am

You didn't mention which version of Ogitor you are using so I will assume it is the development version. Ogitor runs and builds fine on ubuntu 11.04 without requiring edits to the source code.

You need to use Ogre 1.8 to build and run Ogitor. 1.8 is only available in the development branch so you must first build and install that, then re-run cmake and build ogitor.

After you've done this, you can run qtOgitor from the main directory.

Code: Select all
/RunPath/qtOgitor/qtOgitor (or something like that)

If you try to run qtOgitor from a different directory it won't find the resources and will exit when you attempt to do anything.

I suggest using qtOgitor from the development branch since it seems to be more stable then the previous stable version.
Andrew
Ogitor Team

Postby piyush » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:40 am

Sorry I did not mentino version

I was using stable release v0-4 and installed prebuild ogre-dev which is 1.7.

For OGRE I even can't find source of 1.8 from download location may be need to get from repo.

Tomorrow I will try to build OGRE and your latest Ogitor :).

Thanks & Regards

Piyush Verma
piyush

Postby Sydius » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:07 am

I am experiencing the same build issue in Gentoo (Ogre 1.7, Ogitor 0.4, gcc 4.5.3) regarding the LogMessageLevel in DotSceneLoader.cpp. The following change allowed it to compile:

Code: Select all
diff -r 0c2dc09db39f SceneLoader/src/DotSceneLoader.cpp
--- a/SceneLoader/src/DotSceneLoader.cpp   Tue Jun 14 15:36:51 2011 +0200
+++ b/SceneLoader/src/DotSceneLoader.cpp   Sun Oct 16 17:06:25 2011 -0700
@@ -383,11 +383,11 @@
     mPGDetailDistance = Ogre::StringConverter::parseInt(XMLNode->first_attribute("pagedGeometryDetailDistance")->value());
     // error checking
     if(mPGPageSize < 10){
-        Ogre::LogManager::getSingleton().logMessage("[DotSceneLoader] pagedGeometryPageSize value error!", Ogre::LogMessageLevel::LML_CRITICAL);
+        Ogre::LogManager::getSingleton().logMessage("[DotSceneLoader] pagedGeometryPageSize value error!", Ogre::LML_CRITICAL);
         mPGPageSize = 10;
     }
     if(mPGDetailDistance < 100){
-        Ogre::LogManager::getSingleton().logMessage("[DotSceneLoader] pagedGeometryDetailDistance value error!", Ogre::LogMessageLevel::LML_CRITICAL);
+        Ogre::LogManager::getSingleton().logMessage("[DotSceneLoader] pagedGeometryDetailDistance value error!", Ogre::LML_CRITICAL);
         mPGDetailDistance = 100;
     }
Sydius

Postby spacegaier » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:43 am

I will apply that change this evening, if no one else of the team is faster ;) .
spacegaier
Ogitor Team

Postby spacegaier » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:59 pm

Fixed in Ogitor 0.4: http://hg.ogitor.org/v0-4/rev/a769a4b923c7

In 0.5 all was fine already. We also advise everyone to use 0.5 if they compile Ogitor themselves anyway.
spacegaier
Ogitor Team

Postby Sydius » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:51 am

I wanted the 'stable' version of both Ogre and Ogitor, and thought that I had to use 0.4 of Ogitor with 1.7 of Ogre. I'm only compiling myself because I'm in Linux, and, well, that's just what you do. :-)
Sydius

Postby spacegaier » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:53 am

Okay, makes sense...but Ogitor 0.5 offers quite a bunch of new things and should also be rather stable. And Ogre 1.8 is soon be released as as stable as well.

Then you have to switch :D :twisted: ...
spacegaier
Ogitor Team

Return to General Discussion